‘I don’t have any formal art education, however, I love art. I work full time on a job which has nothing to do with art. But once I finish work, come home and start painting / drawing / *enter technique you do*, I feel such a relief and calm. I want to feel this way all the time and therefore am thinking about quitting my day job.’
Sounds familiar? Either you are the one thinking like that, or you know somebody who thinks that? We believe that with some support any artist can become financially sustainable. You need an accountability partner, somebody who is a catalyst to your actions. That’s what we do. We help you become a financially stable artist. On our programme, we’ll go through everything you need to make this happen. We will help you create artworks which are gallery-ready. We do this through three different options:
Individual Artist Development Programme
This is based on individual artist needs. We will be looking for how to develop your body of work as well as how to earn a living.
Group Artist Development Programme
This programme supports each artist individually, but more is more aimed towards the entire group. This option is suitable if you enjoy working with your peers.
Artist Development App
Launching in July 2020
All programmes include the following:
- Making the decision, where we talk about mindset and confidence.
- Art critiques
- Inspiration and competition – know where you get your inspiration but also know how to deal with the competition.
- Brand development, where we talk about how you want to be seen by others.
- How to create a series of work.
- How to write about your work.
- Admin – whether you like it or not, we all have to know about the basics of book-keeping, the legal aspects and client management systems.
- Planning your CV.
However, it doesn’t have to be only those topics as this programme is always built around the artist and their current circumstances and experience. Our programme is designed to help you to get into galleries. We are always interested in talking with new artists, no matter which stage you currently are with your art career ladder.