‘I create amazing artworks. I’m very busy and constantly produce new work. I exhibit a lot, but I have only my artist friends and family who like my works and show up at the exhibitions. I have to have a paying job next to my art career and use ‘the bank of mum and dad’. I am a hardworking artist, so why doesn’t all my hard work pay off? Talent and hard work has to mean something, doesn’t it?’
Sounds familiar? Either you are the one thinking like that, or you know somebody who thinks that? Or perhaps you know somebody with the second scenario:
‘I don’t have any formal art education, however, I love art. I work full time on a job which has nothing to do with art. But once I finish work, come home and start painting / drawing / *enter technique you do*, I feel such a relief and calm. I want to feel this way all the time and therefore am thinking about quitting my day job.’
We believe that with some support any artist can become financially sustainable. You need an accountability partner, somebody who is a catalyst to your actions. That’s what we do. We help you become a financially stable artist. On our programme, we’ll go through everything you need to make this happen.
- Making the decision, where we talk about mindset and confidence.
- Inspiration and competition – know where you get your inspiration but also know how to deal with the competition.
- Brand development, where we talk about how you want to be seen by others.
- How to create a series of work.
- How to write about your work.
- Admin – whether you like it or not, we all have to know about the basics of book-keeping, the legal aspects and client management systems
- Online visibility and strategic social media.
- Creating a mailing list and e-mail marketing.
- Mapping out target clients, valuing works and negotiating sales.
- Planning your CV.
However, it doesn’t have to be only those topics as this programme is always built around the artist and their current circumstances and experience.
How does it work?
We will arrange a discovery call to establish individual requirements. Then we will suggest the programme which is most appropriate for you.